“Miracles do not happen in contradiction to nature, but only in contradiction to that which is known to us in nature.”
– St. Augustine
What is Therapeutic Touch® (TT)? Here’s the official definition: “Therapeutic Touch® is a holistic, evidence-based therapy that incorporates the intentional and compassionate use of universal energy to promote balance and well-being in all aspects of the individual: body, mind, and spirit.” Therapeutic Touch International Association
In order to understand this healing practice, it is helpful to understand:
- As humans, we are made up of the dynamic flowing bioenergy fields of our body, mind, emotions, and spirit. Read more.
- Injury, illness, emotional trauma and stress disrupt the energy flow and put us out of balance. Read more.
- Therapeutic Touch restores integrity and flow to the energy field so healing can occur. Read more.
- Therapeutic Touch is a safe and noninvasive technique practiced by healthcare professionals in medical facilities. Read more.
Benefits of Therapeutic Touch:
- Deep relaxation which assists the body in healing itself
- Relieves or ameliorates pain and enhances a sense of well being
- Reduces stress and anxiety promoting calmness and mental clarity
- Promotes comfort in acute, chronic, and terminal illness
- Has shown to be beneficial as a complementary therapy for those with arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, MS, headaches, high blood pressure, side effects of chemotherapy, cancer, diseases of the immune system, pre and post-surgery, depression, emotional trauma or distress, and during and after childbirth.
- It may help any condition and also benefits the therapist.
“I have worked with Valerie on several occasions. Her work has helped to calm me, and has even reduced some immediate issues such as headache and nausea. I began as a skeptic, but had an open mind. I am now a convert.”
Kevin Johnson, President
Music Go Round Columbus
Music Go Round Gahanna